- Upsetting process can take place at any place on the
- Only heats the portion to be upset, remaining portion
is still cold and can be handled without surface damage or marking.
- No burning or scale is produced due to fine control
- Ideal grain structure without kinks, drift or surface
- Savings in material costs compared to turning from
- Improved quality over forging which requires multiple
- Unskilled operators, upsetting cycle is fully automatic.
- Clean process without special installation and protection
- Open or anvil plate upsetting process produces a variety
of shape for subsequent finishing in a press.
- Optional automatic integration of multiple upsetters
with robotic handling.
Fully automated robotic upsetting cell based around
32KVA upsetting machinery and fully integrated into a forge press
via a six-axis robotic arm. Diameter range 5-14mm, gathering stroke
250mm, output 450 valves per hour based on 8mm diameter.
- Closed or die upsetting process produces a smooth
cylindrical head with close tolerance suitable for further processing
- Optional automatic loading from magazines/hoppers.
- Ideal for use in the engine valve industry.
The cell operates without interruption.
Machines can be operated and serviced individually and independent of
cell operation. Once in operation, the cell need only stop if the press
feed system is at fault. Maintenance and tooling change is from outside
the cell. Reject parts are removed before press operation. The temperature
of the component is sensed prior to press operation.